Subscribe to our latest news
LATEST UPDATE (2nd November 2015): Please note that due to overwhelming response, registration for The Urgent Run Singapore 2015 is now closed! The Urgent Run Singapore team would like to thank everyone who has signed up to raise a stink for sanitation this November and would also like to extend our apologies to those who missed out on registering for this year's event. If you've missed out on registering for the event, and still want to join this year's event, please contact us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
Organised by World Toilet Organization, Urgent Run Singapore aims to engage local communities with toilet and sanitation conditions, and to join the global ‘movement’ to end the sanitation crisis worldwide. All funds raised will support World Toilet Organization's crucial sanitation and advocacy work worldwide.
ABOUT THE RUN
Urgent Run Singapore will be held on Saturday, 7 Nov 2015, 8am to 12pm at Angsana Green, East Coast Park (near East Coast Lagoon Food Village). The event will feature:
• A 5km fun run with a sanitation-themed fancy dress option
• Finisher medals for all finishers in the charity fun run
• An exclusive Urgent Run pack worth over $150, filled with smashing treats including a designer runner’s t-shirt and vouchers from Fitness First and Dunkin Donuts
• An invigorating warm up session conducted by Fitness First
• The Big Squat to symbolise solidarity with the 1 billion people who face the indignity of defecating in the open
• Attractive prizes to be won for the fancy dress competition, best Instagram photo, lucky draw and other interactive games
• Live performances, Instaprint booth and an exhibition on local and global sanitation issues.
Take A Shot And Win
Get your cameras and selfie sticks ready for our Instagram competition at the Instaprint booth! All you have to do is to take your best sanitation-themed selfie on race day from 8-10 a.m. and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #urgentrunsg. All photos posted on the day with the #urgentrunsg hashtag will be printed for free and you can collect your shot at the Instaprint booth (your Instagram profile needs to be set to public). The best pictures also stand to win some awesome prizes!
Dress Like Shit
Get your creative juices on and style your self sanitary-style for our fancy dressed competition. Our judges will be on the lookout during the event for the most creative getup so have fun with your look! There are also prizes to be won!
You're All In On Our Lucky Draw
Lucky You: All Urgent Runners are in the running for our lucky draw and have a shot at winning cool prizes including a 3 Day 2 Nights resort stay in Bintan!
Bag drops for The Urgent Run Singapore event are available with a minimum donation of $1.
RACE DAY PROGRAMME
- Event Running Top by Pro-Tec Athletics
- Exclusive Finisher Medal
- Event Race Pack (inclusive of Fitness First 3-day pass, and vouchers from various merchants)
- Race Bib
- A chance to win in Lucky Draw
- Mana Mana Beach Club Promo to anyone wearing the Urgent Run T-shirt on Nov 7 only (1 Free Soft Drink [Coke, Sprite or Iced Lemon Tea] with every purchase of a main course at Mana Mana Sailor's Pavilion Restaurant.
PRIZES FOR FIRST 3 FINISHERS
1st: 1 Month Membership and a Duffle Bag from Fitness First
2nd: 1 Month Membership from Fitness First
3rd: 1 Duffle Bag from Fitness First
By Public Transport: Tanah Merah MRT Station EW4; Board Bus 31. Alight at Lagoon View, Marine Parade Road and walk to Angsana Green
Bedok MRT Station EW5; Board Bus 196, 197 at Bedok Bus Interchange. Alight at Lagoon View, Marine Parade Road and walk to Angsana Green
By Car: Enter by East Coast Park Service Road off East Coast Park Way. Public car parks E2 and E3 are available for public use
Parking: Car Parks E2 and E3 along East Coast Park Service Road.
World Toilet Organization (WTO) is a global non-profit working towards a world with a clean, safe toilet and sanitation for everyone, everywhere, at all times. Our mission is to continue to build the global sanitation movement through collaborative action that inspires and drives demand for sanitation, and provides innovative solutions to achieve sustainable sanitation for all. WTO has commemorated its founding day, 19 November, as World Toilet Day since 2001. In 2013 the UN adopted 19 November as UN World Toilet Day. World Toilet Organization achieved special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in 2013. For more information:www.worldtoilet.org
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED